New River Gorge Routes.

House projects, flooring projects and of course, rock climbing projects. That's whats been happening for the last several months in Patlandia. I suppose the big deal right now for me is going to Canada this August to try and finish off a long standing project in the Vampire Peaks; A free ascent of the 3,000' Phoenix. Click here for a short article about my last attempt. This go around I will be traveling with an incredible ensemble of climbing and climbing documentary prestige - Jeremy Collins, James Q Martin and Jeff Achey. I'm excited to say the least! For this trip we received the Copp-Dash Award and are way stoked to continue the dream!!

Here are several pics and two videos I shot recently in the New River Gorge area, plus a few pics taken by friends of me doing some first ascents, I have managed to continue my 2 new routes a month average since the move from NC last August - gotta love this place!

Tim Rose at the crux of Mono Loco, 5.14.

The first ascent of Cigarets, Bacon and Hatred, 5.12+/5.13- Tim Rose Photo.



First ascent of 20 Dollar Route, 5.12b - Kevin Umbel Photo

Pluggin an offset Master Cam on 20 Dollar Route. Kevin Umbel Photo.

K Dom on Game Theory, 5.12c.

John Averrett on New Traditionalist, 5.12b.

Kevin Umbel on Buzz Kill, 5.12c.

Harrison Shull on a new route we put up tentatively called Italian Stallion, 5.12+. One of the best trad lines of its grade I have done in the area!!


This is a vid of me working a hard roof crack project in the Meadow.


Mike Williams styling the super classic Slash and Burn 5.12d at Kaymoor.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

  •  photo OR samall.jpg
  •  photo sportiva small.jpg
  •  photo Metolius small.jpg
  •  photo Petzl small.jpg
  •  photo julbo small.jpg